Questions & Answers
What I have to bring with me?
- Ski/Snowboard clothing
- Sunscreen, your favorite book, music, a journal, and don't forget the camera!
- If you'd like, favorite "Energy Snacks" and sweets from home.
Guests are required to have all appropriate equipment:
- Airbag (strongly recommended)
- Snow shovel (a must have)
- Avalanche probe (a must have)
- Avalanche beacon (a must have)
- Hard- shell Helmet
- Skis/Snowboard/Splitboard: Powder or Freeride. Wider then usual skis and give skiers the advantage of turning with ease in any snow conditions. We recommend minimum of 100mm under foot.
- Poles: A pair of poles for skiers and trekking foldable poles for snowboarders.
- Bindings: No special requirements applied to your ski/snowboard. This is at your choice.
- Boots: Make sure you have a comfortable and durable pair of boots. Make sure your boots have enough hinging action to allow you to push your knees forward without having to release your top buckle. To allow for comfort make sure your boots are not tight around your toes, ankles or the lower part of your shins. We do recommend that you carry your boots with you on the plane to ensure they arrive when you do.
- Snowshoes: recommended for snowboarders
Please note: We have limited choice of gear available for rent and there is no place in the whole country to rent FR or Powder skis/board, so we recommend to arrange it on your end.
What type of payment method do you accept?
We do accept bank transfers and cash.
Do you accommodate special dietary needs?
Our cooks will accommodate any special dietary need. Please contact us with your needs prior to your holiday so we can prepare in advance of your arrival. Please contact us for details.
How long is the ski season?
Our heli ski/heliboard season starts in late January and lasts until mid March same as actually for backcountry skiing in our yurt camp region. In parts of the country April and May present amazing conditions and opportunities to access deeper summits and zones that are otherwise too cold or too dangerous mid-winter.
What happens in the case of extreme weather conditions?
Heli-Skiing/Heli -Boarding customers who are staying at the hotel are offered sightseeing and hot springs tours, rainbow trout fishing, and or skiing at one of the local ski resorts.
How long is the ski day?
Breakfast served 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Departure 10:00 AM
Lunch is served between 12:00 and 14:00 on the hill
End of day 16:00
What equipment is supplied?
None of it. Guest are required to bring their own equipment. We may only provide you with snow shovel, avalanche probe and Avalanche Transceiver if necessary. No Skis or Snowboards available to rent.
Additional Heli-Ski Hour2.500 USD per group and can be paid for at the company's office or to our flight manager on the spot.
Do the rates I see for Heli-Skiing include heli time?
Yes, all packages are heli time inclusive. Pls check the detailes for every package.
Why Heli-Skiing/Boarding with us?
- Our company remains small enough for all our trips to be special
- Eco friendly
- Best pilots and helicopters
- Expertise and sensitive Guides (1 guide for every 5 skiers/borders)
- Value - It doesn't matter how much money you have, or how much you are willing to spend. We realize you want the best price, but without sacrificing quality. We will provide you only with solid value at all times. Also look what's included...
- Variety - We deliver atmospheres from casual to formal, adventurous to ultra deluxe. Everything from hotels and tour packages, trekking or heliskiing getaways, escorted and unescorted tours or superb craft tours to enchanting eco tours. Whatever your vacation or business travel requirement, we'll find the perfect fit for you.
- Destinations - The choice of runs, length, aspects and incline is almost unlimited. Your choice can be overwhelming! There is always a destination that is just right for you.
- Flexibility - You can ski as much or as little as you like. Glaciers or trees, gentle or steep, beginner or expert, it is up to you. Endless mountains of pristine, untouched terrain is all waiting for you.
Do the skis/snowboard for heli-ski/heli-board is different from usual skis/board?
It is well advised to get the powder skis/snowboard (marked with FR - Free Ride) which make Heli-Skiing/boarding more accessible and enjoyable for intermediate skiers, as well as help the skier/boarder feel free on different snow conditions. Powder skis are usually much fat than usual skis, while snowboarders are well advised to bring Splitboards. We recommend minimum of 100mm under foot.
What level of experience do I need to heli ski?It is hard to say what level of experience required for Heli-Skiing/Boarding. Of course you should have skiing/boarding experience at conventional downhill resorts, also you should have an experience of skiing on blue runs as well as on black runs without hesitation and in any snow/weather conditions. You should be acquainted with side slip, step up sideways, traverse and kick turns (changing your direction while standing on the spot). Ski a few days before you plan to leave to Heli-Ski getaway, try yourself on steeper runs and off piste slopes whenever you can. Take some lessons if needed.
Skiing/boarding on powder is not that different from other styles of skiing/boarding. It is normal for the first time Heli-Skiers/boarders to have some doubt in their possibilities. These doubts will usually be gone soon after the first few runs.
What altitude I will be skiing/boarding at?Mostly we will ski on the terrains which placed between 2000 m and 3800 m above sea level.
How much snow should I expect on the slopes?
Every other season the situation can slightly change. On average, in the areas where we actually ski, snow level ranges from 1,5 m. to 2,2 m. Since the skiing/boarding area is very large snow level may vary.
Does Tree Skiing/boarding is possible in Kyrgyzstan?
Not really with Heli. There are some tree skiing mostly possible in the area of ski pistes but in general the tree twigs start from very low level above the sea, making tree skiing impossible. While backcountry skiers have an advantage of tree skiing.
What is the best time for Heli-Skiing/Boarding or backcountry skiing operations in Kyrgyzstan?
Heli-Ski/Board/Backcountry season in Kyrgyzstan starts in late January and lasts until April. This is the time of the most optimal snow conditions for pleasant skiing/boarding. Every season of the year there are different snow conditions: spring time, the snow may vary from corn snow on south faces to light powder on the north faces. Spring is considered to be the best time for Heliskiing/boarding as this time of the year days become longer and air temperatures warmer. Skiing/Boarding down by corn snow is very tempting as it requires much less effort then on any other snow.
What is the Heli-Skiing/Heli-Boarding look like?
Heli-Skiing or Heli-Boarding is not for beginners. Skiing conditions and landscapes can vary from glaciers with steep slopes to tree skiing and can range from light powder to hard crust, heavy snow (sodden with water) or anything in between. Our guides will do their best to find the most suitable or optimal conditions for you, but however due to safety reasons, skiing possibilities may become more restricted by guides or helicopter pilots. You also might be involved to encounter a mixture of different conditions. We offer overwhelming number of runs for the exclusive use of 15 skiers/boarders (maximum). Runs may vary in length from 800 to 1,500 vertical meters and are located in the heart of Kyrgyz Tien-Shan Mountains with thousands of breathtaking panoramas, amazing peaks and glaciers.
So its called Heli Ski - What about Snowboarders?
Snowboarders as well as telemarks skiers are welcome to heli ski/heli board with us.
What is backcountry yurt?
Yurt is a traditional hand crafted tent like dwellings of Kyrgyz people ,its has a wooden structure and wrapped with felted layers. There are no windows except the one at the very top and only one door.
What facilities does winter backcountry yurt camp offers?
Our winter backcountry yurt camp consist of several yurts: guest yurt and guide's yurt where we also gather together for breakfasts and dinners. Outhouse is located behind the yurt. Banya is available.